Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello Spring!

We've been having beautiful weather here and it's great! Ashton had to take a final this past Saturday and so I had a few hours to kill. It was really nice out and I felt like a drive, so I grabbed my camera and headed out. 2 parks and 80 pictures later, I decided I should head home. It was fun to take pictures of spring and things in bloom, as you can probably guess by the volume of pictures I took. As fun as it is to take pictures of snow, they all kind of look the same after a while. Ice, snow, sparkly, woo. I was excited to have new subjects to take pictures of. So, here are some of the pictures I took.


I found this group of flowers starting to grow (I think they're irises) and was excited. With the snow we had gotten a few days before (that thankfully melted soon after arriving), I wasn't sure there would be much growing. I was happy to be wrong.

I was surprised to see these little flowers. I expected things to be budding rather than full grown. I guess it doesn't take long to grow when you're tiny.

I love it when trees start to bud.

It would hardly be spring without dandelions everywhere.

I tried a lot of different things with the dandelion. It kinda became my main subject.

The dandelion was a good sport to pose for all my pictures.

Here's a break from the dandelions. I didn't just take a random picture of a light. There's a seagull that's up there and he was just kinda hanging out there while his buddies were making all sorts of noise so I thought I'd take a picture of him in return for him not pooping on me.

1 comment:

Janis said...

It's always nice to show appreciation, especially to birds for keeping you clean. I love seeing the flowers come up after the winter. It always makes me feel good.