Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a Weekend

So, it's been a while and there are probably tons of stuff to catch everyone up on , even if it doesn't feel that way. However, I'm not going to try to catch up on everything we've done in the past few weeks. That would take a while and you'd be bored by the end...I'd be bored by the end. So I'll just talk about this weekend, or more specifically yesterday.

We had a rather busy Saturday, but we had a lot of fun. We first made a trip to Target to buy some things, but most importantly to buy a pan so I can make Ashton a birthday cake in a couple of weeks. He's requested cheesecake and having never made cheesecake, I didn't have a pan for it. So we bought one and now Ashton is dropping not-so-subtle hints about how I should do a trial run. I would do it except it seems that my first attempts to make something tend to turn out better than my second attempts. Maybe it's because I'm so careful the first time to do it right and follow instructions and, having done it once before, I'm not so cautious the second time. I really don't know, but we'll see.

We also got to got to Greg and Christa's open house to help them celebrate their upcoming wedding. We had a good time there and were also glad that Nate and Anjanette came as well.

To top off an already good day, I got to see my friend, and old roommate, Tiff. We spent a few hours hanging out and catching up. She just got back from her mission in Puerto Rico so it's been a while. It was great to see her again and we had a lot of fun talking to her. I've missed her and it's great to have her back!

2 comments:

Janis said...

It's so nice to get to visit with friends we haven't seen in a while. Good luck with the cheesecake.

Mandy said...

I'm pretty sure Ashton just wants 2 cheesecakes. :) We can't wait to see you- and hopefully test some of your delicious stuff!