Friday, April 30, 2010

Pictures!

Since getting back from Maine with a bunch of pictures to play with, I've been spending a lot of time working on my pictures. It's so much fun. I seriously spend pretty much all day doing this, only taking a break to eat or do something else when my eyes start to hurt from staring at the computer. I'll post some of the pictures that I've been working on, but I also wanted to mention one picture in particular that I've worked on.

A couple years ago, we got to go to Sadie's blessing and to a family gathering later on. I brought my camera and had fun taking pictures. Well, I happened to take a picture of Ashton's grandma holding Sadie. I loved the picture and wanted to make it special. I tried various techniques using Gimp (a free photoshop-type program, which I love), but couldn't figure out how to make it work to my liking and gave up. Well, the other day my screen saver was on and the picture popped up. I remembered the disappointment I had in not being able to do what I wanted with it and started thinking of how to make it work. It wasn't until yesterday, while working on some other pictures, that I had an idea to use the same techniques that I was using on other pictures (I'm not telling you what that was so I don't ruin the surprise). It took a little bit of time, but I was happy with the end result. As always, even though I thought it was good, I wanted to make sure that it really was good and showed it to Ashton when he got home from work. He loved it. So, here is that picture and some of the other ones I took and worked on from Maine.

Let me know what you think!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and thanks for mentioning the free program! I've been hoping to find something like that for tweaking some of our pics.

The one of Jane going after the apple is my fave!

Cheers!

Emily S. said...

I too love the apple one! Great photos!!

Janis said...

I love the pictures especially the grandmother one. Your time spent surely paid off. I love it when inspiration comes.

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

These pictures are great. I need to learn how to do stuff like that.

Mandy said...

Zarah, these are AMAZING! You did a great job!!

Anjanette said...

I've always loved pics like that. I've tried to do some myself, but some of the programs are harder to use then I would like.