Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Full of Fun

It was a long weekend, but a fun one. We started by celebrating my birthday on Saturday. I realized Saturday that this is my last year of early twenties. Then Ashton pointed out that this was his last year of twenties. That made me feel better. Ashton did a good job of picking out my presents and I only guessed one of them so he was pretty happy about that. It doesn't get much better than a Spain World Cup jersey and two music books for the piano, especially since it was the music for Phantom of the Opera and Wicked. We got to spend some time with his family too since they were up for the weekend and the Bolder Boulder which was yesterday. We finished off the day with dinner at Red Robin and watching soccer at home. While we were at Red Robin, Ashton asked me if he should tell the server why we were there. Thankfully, the server wasn't there to overhear. I had to remind Ashton that if he did that, his birthday was next and that I'd have no problem telling the people at whatever restaurant that we went to that it was his birthday. He really does not like it when people at restaurants sing to him. He looked a little sad after that and said that sometimes he wished that his birthday was first. I'm not. He didn't tell anyone that it was my birthday so I didn't have to sit through people singing to me. Ashton did sing to me later so that was fun.

Sunday was just nice day at church and then at home. I actually got to see some people from Maine, too! That was a surprise for both of us. They were in Colorado visiting family and their family happened to be in my ward! It was fun to see them and catch up a bit.

Yesterday, we spent most of the day up at Ashton's aunt's house hanging out with family. They allowed us to bring Dusty with us so she got to participate in the festivities too! The kids loved her, although they were a little scared at first. Dusty was very good with them although I'm sure she would have liked them better if they had fed her. It was fun to see everyone and hang out.

Today is our 3 year anniversary! We probably won't do anything too special for it since Ashton actually has to make up the hours he got off yesterday. That was kind of a lame deal since the building was probably closed for Memorial Day so he couldn't work (and didn't really want to), but he didn't qualify to get holiday pay. In any case, I'm glad that he's such a hard worker and willing to make up the hours so we don't have to take the hit in pay. I love my hubby and so happy that we've been married for 3 years. Here's to many more!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like a nice birthday and I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary too! Hard for me to think that it's been three years since I got to help with your bridal shower in Maine! Yikes! - I guess Peter was only just a little babe then.

Take care and have many more wonderful years together!

Anjanette Halladay said...

I was happy that we got to celebrate your birthday with you. I will be back again in a couple of weeks. The girls and I will have to come see your new place.

Janis said...

I'm glad your birthday was a happy one. I enjoyed visiting with you two.