Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2 Months

David seems to have had a bit of a growth spurt recently. At least, that's how we're explaining the increase of sleep during the day. He was so easy to put to sleep for about a week. I'd feed him, and often times, as I was feeding him he'd fall asleep. From there I could hold him or put him in the swing and he'd be fine. Well, it seems that has ended.

Yesterday we were back to the old schedule of David hardly sleeping at all during the day. I think collectively he slept for maybe 3 hours all day, but at 1 hour increments at best. He'd have none of the swing. He could be pretty much sleeping before putting him in the swing and then his eyes would be wide open after sticking him there followed by some crying until I got him out. The good thing about all of this is that it means we're back to him sleeping for 4 hour blocks of time at night. There have been a few times that I've felt that David needs to take a nap during the day for my sanity, but who needs sanity when you can sleep for large chunks of time at night?

David had his 2 month appointment last week and he's definitely grown. He's 11 lbs 9 1/4 oz and 21 3/4 inches. He is getting to be a fairly social little guy. He has the biggest smile I've ever seen and he loves to talk at us. This past Sunday, he was smiling for all the ladies during church. He is growing so much, but not fast enough for his liking I'm sure. He already wants to be crawling everywhere and has for a while. When we put him on his stomach, he gets his legs going trying to push himself forward. He has just started to get his arms involved. So much for learning to roll over. He also loves to sit and stand. The doctor was impressed by David's strength since David has gotten good at helping us pull him up into a standing position.

I love all the development that David has made so far and I'm excited for him to learn new stuff, but at the same time, I wish he'd stay little forever.




2 comments: