Thursday, February 2, 2012

We're Alive!

We really are alive. It's just been a crazy past couple of months. For one thing, I am pregnant! I'm due in the middle of August, which will mean David and the baby will be about 18 months apart. So far, I've been feeling pretty good. I wasn't very sick with David, but still had my days when I had to lie down for the majority of the day. That hasn't happened this time around so far, and I'm grateful for that. Lying down for a long amount of time isn't possible right now. The weirdest part about this pregnancy is the things that I crave and things that are no good for me to smell or eat. Things that last time I couldn't stand to be around, smell, or eat, are fine this time around and this time around I'm not craving all the carbs and sugars. Actually, I can't have too much sugar without me starting to feel sick. Kind of a bummer, but also a dream come true since it means that I eat better.

Of course, it wouldn't be a blog post if I didn't update a little bit about David. He took his first steps this past weekend, and every day this week he's taken at least a few steps on his own. Some of those have been by trickery, I'll just let go of his hand and he'll keep going for a few steps, but some have been him just letting go and taking off. We've made a bit of a game out of it and he loves it.

Oh, and for more fun, he can climb the stairs. The funny part is that while he can do it on his own, he doesn't want to. He prefers to "walk" up the stairs while holding our hands.  He actually cried when I let go of his hands to get him to go up by himself. Yes, he was going up the stairs on his own, but he was still crying until I took his hands again. It's pretty funny and it means that he still isn't interested in going upstairs without me.

David also loves to tease us. Next to "running" with Ashton, it's his favorite game. For a while now, we've teased him by taking things away and making it a little hard for him to get back. Yes, it sounds mean, but he loved it and still does. Well, it wasn't too long before he started turning the tables on us. He laughs so hard as he's pulling things away from us or as he's running away with whatever he's got. The laughter does interfere with him trying to get away sometimes. 
 




2 comments:

Anjanette said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering if he was walking yet. I'm glad that you haven't been sick. My worst pregnancy was with Katelyn, but then I look back at it and wonder, did I just have time to feel it and once I had kids the time wasn't there?

Janis said...

David is so cute! Pretty soon he'll be running around full speed!