Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Early Anniversary

Next week is our wedding anniversary. 6 whole whopping years. 6 years, 5 houses, 3 cars, 2 kids, 2 diplomas, 2 states, and 1 dog (I'll let you know if I think of 4 of anything).

Ashton hates it when I talk about him in any circumstance. "Just stop describing me." (OH OH! 4 jobs! Phew.) He's so cute when he gets embarrassed, but in the hopes that he won't embarrass me too badly in the future, I'll keep try not to embarrass him too badly. We've been through a lot in 6 years. I was reading a quote that I've shared before by Melody Beattie. It sits in our room where I can see it daily. It hit me extra hard today.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."

So, here's to 6 years of marriage and to an eternity more. 

1 comment:

Janis said...

I love that quote! Here is another one from a book about wanting more "If you are not grateful for what you have, you will never have enough". Gratitude brings peace and joy.