Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Am Slowly Going Crazy

I keep trying to think of things to write about because I enjoy writing posts, but unfortunately, I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say. My time has been spent packing, trying to figure out we need to do to move, finding places to live, as well as other moving related things. It's been a crazy past couple of months.

I feel a bit ashamed that I haven't even taken any pictures of the few trees that have changed colors. Seeing trees change colors makes me miss Maine and the beautiful colors that never fail to appear there. There are more trees here in Pleasant Grove than in other places in Utah, like Provo, which is nice.

We do have some interesting things coming up. Ashton has an interview in Colorado next week, which we're happy about. We're both hoping that this opportunity will work out. We're not exactly sure yet what day his interview will be, but we should know soon. We're crossing our fingers that everything will work out.

On Saturday, I'll be teaching an organ workshop. I'm the ward organist and there aren't too many people in the ward who know how to play the organ. By not too many, I mean there is one other guy and he already has a calling. So, our Bishop was a bit sad when I told him that we'd be moving. I did think it was funny that I told him 15 minutes before Sacrament meeting, and while I was playing prelude, the entire Bishopric was talking about it, and the ward music coordinator knew sometime before Relief Society. However, when I first took the calling I said that I'd be willing to show others how to play the organ so that there would be more people should they need a substitute or anything. I'm a bit nervous about teaching this class because the only class I've taught is Sunbeams. Pretty different than teaching adults about how to play the organ. It'll probably be fine, I'm just a bit nervous about it although kind of excited, too.

4 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

You'll do great!!

Janis said...

Organ players are hard to find. That's great that you get to promote the talent. Our ward had a class to teach organ playing and had the students play the prelude music to practice. You'll be a good teacher.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I completely understand the title and I'm sure you'll do super well with the lessons.

Tara said...

PSH...Organ shmorgan...you got this in the bag, sister! You taught me how to eat Spaghettios straight out of a can and I was semi adult then. hahah It cant be much different! :) I'm excited for yalls move and potential jobing...although, I still think Texas would have been the better way to go :) Love love love! XOXO