Monday, November 2, 2009

Update

It's been a while since I wrote saying that we were looking for a new job and moving and I thought that maybe people would be wondering how that was going. Well, it's still going. We haven't found a job yet although we're still optimistic and still applying for more jobs. Sooner or later, though we'd obviously prefer sooner, something is bound to show up.

As far as moving is concerned, we're still moving even though we don't have a job. We'll be moving on the 28th of this month. Paula has been nice to enough to allow us to move in with her for a little while after we move. We also appreciate everyone else that offered to let us stay with them. We're so lucky to have you guys in our lives. So, we're moving to Colorado!

It's been kinda funny making plans to move. I've always been the planner in this relationship, wanting to nail down details in advance so I would know generally what to expect, especially if it required coordinating schedules. (I'm always up for spur of the moment things, like ice cream runs, but if something needs to happen or is going to happen, I need a plan and details.) In the past, my need to plan has driven Ashton a bit nuts. He must be getting used to it because we were able to plan not only what day we were moving, but when his last day of work was going to be, what day we were going to be all packed by, days we were going to clean, and so on. Not only that, but he wanted to make a packing order list, as in which rooms we can/should pack before other rooms. (We obviously wouldn't want to pack up the kitchen stuff until the end.) I must be rubbing off on him.

3 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

I'm the moving coordinator in the family since I like to have pre-printed labels for all the boxes.

Need help with cleaning? Or packing?

Janis said...

Planning is good! And why wait until the last moment to get started? I definitely would label the boxes especially if you won't be unpacking all of them for awhile. Wish I could help you.

Anonymous said...

So, you'll be coming out to lend a hand when / if we move again? I love to move (I know, I'm wierd) but it's a little tricky with the Littles.

Best wishes!