Friday, February 26, 2010

One Down, Many More to Go

Well, Ashton's had his first week of work. That's right, I said work! For those of you who haven't heard, Ashton has a job now. He got offered a job last Friday and started Monday. The job is here in Colorado although it's about an hour away. For right now, he's just been commuting down there.

We're pretty excited about the job. Hooray for money coming in! It's been a bit of an adjustment though. For starters, no more sleeping in for him. With the hour commute either way, it's a pretty full day for him and he comes home pretty tired. Of course, for me, it means an empty house to myself. I know for those mothers out there, that sounds pretty good, but believe me, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Doable, but not preferable.

There are still a lot of things to figure out now that Ashton has a job. Such as, housing. We're still not sure what we're going to do, but we'll be figuring that out soon. Moving into a new place is always pretty exciting, although picking out a place can be a bit of a headache. It's nice though to have progression.

Of course, now that we have income, I can do some much needed shopping! I've been holding off as much as possible so as not to deplete our savings. I still won't go crazy with the shopping, but I do need some new jeans.

5 comments:

Megan and Sean said...

Yea for the new job!

Melissa and Trevor said...

Hooray! Congratulations and enjoy the shopping. Wish I could be there to go with you. heehee ;-)

The Halladays said...

Yay! Congratulations, Ashton!!! Have fun buying jeans :)

Unknown said...

Awesome, that's great! I assume it's a programming job, but any more info about it? congrats!

Janis said...

I bet you both are relieved. As much as we know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us in our needs, it still is stressful waiting for the answer.