Monday, August 30, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt

Things haven't been too exciting here. I'm showing more and more, which is kind of exciting until I looked down yesterday and realized that my feet are starting to disappear from view. I'm comforted by the fact that, as Ashton puts it, I have "little Zarah feet." So, I guess it's not too hard to lose them. I'm mostly excited that, although I still have some moments of queasiness, my nausea is gone! I'm also mostly over all the food aversions that I had developed.

In funnier news, my dog is quite the hunter I discovered. I knew that she'd chase rabbits, cats, squirrels, and the occasional bird if it hopped on the ground long enough, but I had no idea that she'd go after bugs. That's right, bugs. I was sitting on the couch yesterday and I saw some bug on the carpet. Not knowing what it was, I started to call to Ashton to come get it when I saw Dusty staring at it. So, I told Dusty, "Go get the buggy!" To my surprise, and entertainment, she tried to get it.

It turns out the bug was a fly so it was pretty impossible for her to get, but that didn't stop her from trying and me from encouraging her. It made for a fun filled 10 minutes or so of me pointing where the fly had landed, it kept landing on the carpet, and then telling Dusty to go get it. She attempted to pounce on it, she's not as spry as she used to be, and if it flew near her face, she'd snap at it. The best part was that after the fly flew away, Dusty would start sniffing around in search for her missing quarry. She never did actually get the fly, but the fact that she tried amuses me. Now I know who to call on to kill bugs for me while Ashton's at work.

1 comment:

Janis said...

How fun! It's good that Dusty still has that hunter alertness. I can't wait to see you!