Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's a....

boy! We're so excited that we're having a little boy. (I couldn't resist saying, "I told you so" to Ashton when we saw that it was a boy.) He looks healthy and all of his organs look good. We couldn't get a good shot of his face since was sleeping with his hands in front of his face, and he was content to stay that way. The doctor tried to get him to move, but there was no persuading him.

We're naming him David Michael. It was actually nice that we had a boy's name and a girl's name picked out before I even got pregnant so we were prepared for either a boy or a girl. It took a while to agree on a middle name for David, but he's got one. David is getting more and more active it seems, or at least I'm feeling him more and more, which is good. Ashton's also has got to feel him move around, which is exciting.

We love our little boy so much already. Now it's onto buying baby stuff.

4 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Since DJ is our 4th boy we've just used whatever clothes or other baby paraphernalia we have.

With a few the items I wish I had purchased differently.

Like the car seat, I wish that ours didn't come over the head. It is not an easy thing to get a baby's huge head into a strap sized for his body. The straps that come up from the sides is so much nicer. I'm so glad someone was willing to share theirs with us.

I have so many cute sleepers but most of them have snaps. At 2 in the morning I want to get them dressed after a diaper change as quickly as possible, so I can get them fed and I can go back to bed. So I love the sleepers with zippers.

My other issue is bath time. I have this unwieldy plastic bath seat that is slippery and doesn't hold a baby while I wash him. Hate it. Now they have folding bathers with mesh slings to put your baby in. Wonderful.

So that's my unsolicited advice about baby stuff. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Julie said...

Eeek! Congrats, girly!

Megan and Sean said...

CONGRATS! SO excited for you!

Janis said...

Waiting for a baby to arrive is so exciting! The development of babies is such a beautiful miracle.