Monday, October 25, 2010

My Hobbies of Late

Lately, it feels like all I do during the day is read books and look at baby stuff. Not that I'm complaining. I enjoy both activities. For those who are curious, the books that I've read are Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, 1984, and the Hunger Games series. All were good books and I would recommend them. If there weren't so many books that I've finished in the past month, I'd write a review of each, but that would take too long.

As far as baby stuff goes, we've decided to name the baby David Michael. He loves to wiggle and kick it seems. On Saturday, he apparently decided to show off and gave lots of big kicks to show his daddy what he was capable of. I think Ashton was impressed and for good reason.

We've been slowly gathering baby things. We've had a stroller and car seat for a while. We bought baby clothes and some blankets, although I would like more baby quilts. Buying baby clothes is a little difficult since we have no idea how big David will be, but we've got our bases covered. In any case, it feels like we've made some progress on getting ready for David's arrival. It's been nice to slowly collect things rather than getting it all at once right before the baby comes.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah, smart getting your act together early. I am scrambling. Can I be envious? Were the hunger games a quick read?

Laura said...

Quilt coming!!! I'll bring it to you at christmas. It will be crocheted.

:)

Anjanette said...

Seriously don't buy more blankets. That is the number one gift people give. I have so so many.

Janis said...

I am making him one. I have the material already and will bring it out in February. I liked those books and have seen movies of them done by BBC. They were good.