Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Stuff

This past weekend, we got our Christmas tree and decorations out of storage so that our apartment could look more festive, although we still have yet to get snow. For some reason, I really want it to snow this year. Not some major amount of snow, but a little would be nice. Enough to make it feel winter and like I'm actually getting closer to having this baby. Even if the outside doesn't look like it's getting to be Christmas time, our apartment does!

I was worried that we wouldn't have any space for our tree, but I misjudged how big our tree really is. The only thing I really had to move was a plant and it fits so nicely. I did have to move a picture frame so that I could put our Nativity scene up, but that wasn't hard. I thought to fit the tree in that I'd have to do some major rearranging. So I was happily wrong. Our tree is all decorated now and even has a present under it.

I think Ashton dreads the present part of Christmas. He's fine with buying gifts and receiving gifts. The only problem is that while I love surprises, I do not like waiting for them. So, I end up bugging him endlessly about what he's gotten me even before the present is sitting under the tree. It doesn't help that I "made the mistake" of guessing what some of my presents were, and I happened to guess correctly. So now he thinks I'm too good at guessing. As punishment, I get no hints and I'm not allowed to shake presents for more than a couple minutes. On the other hand, I get so excited about what I've gotten him that usually I'm bugging him to shake his presents and guess. It's also become a sort of tradition for me to make him open one of his presents a week early because I can't wait anymore. I might try to hold out this year, but we'll see how that works out.

1 comment:

Janis said...

Shaking presents builds up the anticipation of opening presents. We want to make Christmas an exciting time. I remember one time being at Nana's and shaking presents and Pepere got upset with us.