Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving started out with me getting up at 6:30 because I couldn't sleep. Although I haven't really gotten any bigger, sleeping has been difficult. Partly due to being uncomfortable and partly because the baby has decided that kicking me in the middle of the night or early in the morning is fun. This has been going on for about the past week at least so I'm a bit sleep deprived. It was kind of nice on Thanksgiving though because I was up early enough to be able to watch the Thanksgiving parade. All 3 hours of it. Although I missed some of it due to making breakfast and getting ready for the day. I had never watched the parade before so it was pretty fun.

This year for Thanksgiving we went up to Ashton's mom's house for "dinner" (it was more like a huge lunch). There ended up being lots of people there, most of whom we don't get to see too often so it was nice to see everyone! The food was great and it was nice to fulfill some cravings. I think Ashton is happy that he doesn't have to listen about how badly I want turkey anymore.

There were a few little girls running around and playing with toys the whole afternoon, which was entertaining to watch. Our little boy will be quite outnumbered when he gets here. He might just have to tag along with the "big" boys, although this picture doesn't show their age. I guess put any guy in front of something to build and they become a little boy again.


This little cutie wanted me to take her picture after I got done taking pictures of the boys. She kept posing and then showing me how she had posed. She, of course, wanted to see the picture after I had taken it, although, she was a little more interested in having her picture taken.


The rest of the weekend was spent at home just hanging out and running a few errands. I'm not really a shopper and Black Friday shopping sounds like more stress and hassle than I'm willing to put up with. On Saturday, we did a few chores around the house. Ashton decided to vacuum for me and this is what ended up happening.


Yes, that's right. Ashton vacuumed the dog. She was lying in the middle of the floor while he was trying to vacuum and wasn't interested in moving so he could get that spot. So, Ashton decided to vacuum her as well. To her credit, she took it very well. He thought she would bolt, but she almost seemed to enjoy it. Of course, I had to get a picture although it just encouraged him.

What would a blog post be without a small baby update? I'm 28 weeks now. It's exciting to be in my third trimester even though it will come with it's own kind of crazy. Although I'm not too thrilled about the kicking during the night and losing sleep, it's nice that we have an active boy. We've decided that he's a bit of a showoff. I had my 28 week midwife appointment last Wednesday, and my midwife was showing us exercises to start doing for optimal fetal positioning. Well, after doing them, the midwife checked to see where the baby was, listen to his heartbeat and all of that fun stuff. Now, my baby likes to lay sideways or diagonally, which is fine except he's getting a little too big to do that comfortably. This time, however, when she checked he was laying in the perfect position with his head down and feet up by my ribs. A little bit of showing off on his part, but hey I'll take it. Of course, he moved soon afterward. I haven't really popped out yet so I'm not much bigger than I was before, but here's a picture anyways.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sorry Cuz, I think Nate had the best tower. We can say he's had more time with the kiddos to practice?

Janis said...

The little girl is a cutie for sure. I don't think anyone is too old to build things designed for the younger set. Dusty is looking very relaxed. She didn't use to like the vacuum cleaner noise. You are looking very motherly!!!