Thursday, April 3, 2008

End of the semester fun

It's been a while since I've written on here so I thought that I would catch people up on what's going on.

Things are wrapping up with school. We have less then two weeks of classes before finals begin. I'm busily trying to do research and write papers while keeping up with the mundane day-to-day homework. I'm just hoping to get it all done by the time it's due. We'll see how that will go. Ashton has a test this week and a paper to do before finals. I don't know why teachers feel the need to have a test before finals, especially when they're close together, but I guess it's an opportunity to make sure you really understand what's going on before testing that knowledge on the final. We're both looking forward to the end of the semester.

Yesterday, I finally declared my minor in humanities. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It was nice to not have to fill out a bunch of paperwork. While I was at it, I also filled out the paperwork to graduate in August! I'm very excited about this. I've been planning on graduating in August for a while, but to have the paperwork filled out and turned in makes it feel more real. Feels like it's actually going to happen. I still have a lot to do before I can graduate. I have to take a couple more classes and lastly, take a test that will determine whether I can graduate or not. It's a lot of pressure, especially since it's an oral test and I don't speak Spanish as well as I should. Hopefully this pressure will make me work harder on speaking and practice more. Nothing like a little bit of pressure to get you going.

After a few weeks of trying to contact the apartment complex, Ashton finally stopped in on his way home from work and found out that we did get the apartment! (Apparently she had left a message on Ashton's phone that he never got...darn phones.) We can start moving in on the 19th of this month and we have until the 28th to finish since that's the day we have to be moved out by. We haven't started packing yet, but soon I'll have enough time to start dragging out some boxes and putting stuff in it. Right now it'd be hard to figure out what we're not going to use or need in the next few weeks so we can pack it. We have the apartment though and soon we'll be moving into it!

Never a slow moment.

2 comments:

The Halladays said...

Congrats on the apartment!

Stinson Family said...

I never liked finals or papers. You are great at school, so I have complete faith that you will do great on your oral exam. Congrats on getting your apartment.