Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Sunday

The first year of marriage is always cute as you get to do a lot of "firsts." Sunday was our first Easter together. Growing up, two of us would leave the room while someone else hid Cadbury eggs. The rest of us watched and giggled while others were finding their eggs. In keeping with this tradition, I hid a couple of eggs (not Cadbury, but still chocolate) for Ashton while he was in the other room. I made him listen to music so he wouldn't cheat. To make things worse for Ashton, I took pictures while he hunted. He got me back though, hiding eggs for me afterwards and took pictures of me looking for them. Here are some of my favorite ones:


Ashton looking in the lamp for eggs. As you can see, unlike Ashton, I couldn't see over the top.





I hid one of Ashton's eggs in the paper shredder bag. I thought that I had hid it on the top, but turns out it fell down and Ashton had to take out the bag to find it. Ashton, on the other hand, hid one of my eggs in my shoe.



Later that afternoon, we headed over to my father-in-law's house in Park City to eat dinner with the family. We had a lot of fun talking, having dinner, and hunting for Easter eggs. We also celebrated some birthdays that happened this month. Here are some pictures from the night.



Katelyn loves Curious George and wanted Ashton to read the book to her. I don't blame her. He has a great reading voice. Beside this picture is Katelyn with her Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa.






Lance and Stacy on the couch, watching people open presents and cards. Lance was apparently yawning, but Stacy was acting...maybe excited/happy for the camera. (Sorry Stacy that it's not the first picture). It was Ashton's dad's birthday on the 16th. He got a pair of glasses as a present. He decided that he would look more stylish with the tag still on them.






Anjanette's birthday was on Sunday. Katelyn decided that she wanted to read the card for her. It was pretty entertaining to listen to her rambling away, saying words that weren't on the card. All of us got a CD from Lance and Stacy. Mandy decided that she would wear her CD on her nose.

4 comments:

The Halladays said...

Precious! I love our family. (Wow, that sounds kind of funny to me..."Our family") Anyways, cute post! See you guys soon hopefully :)

The Halladays said...

An end of semester party is definitely in order!

Stinson Family said...

I love to spend time with family on the holidays. This holiday I was lucky like you to be able to do that. Looks like you both did a great job at hiding the eggs. Josiah and I gave Abby an Easter pail. I know that she is still really young, but she did love the new toys and books she got. And her Daddy enjoyed the cadberry eggs :)

Anonymous said...

ZARAH!!! I didn't even realize you got married!!!! Congrats on that! I finally got on this blogger thing, so i'm catching up with different people. The best of luck to you!!