Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2 Down...2 More to Go...

Last week I spent a morning researching the Twilight series, trying to figure out where they were the cheapest. So, I bought them all on Amazon.com because of the price and because we had a gift card. (Thanks Paula!)

The hardest part has been waiting for them to arrive. Every day, I anxiously track the package only to discover they're still in Denver, CO, which is where they have been for the past 4 days. Why it's taken so long for them to get the package from the sellers to the facility is beyond me. It's not even comforting to think that they've just had a lot of packages to scan and it just took them that long to get to mine. It is the Post Office.

Thankfully, my friend Tara just bought the books and brought me up the second last Thursday when she came over. It was hard to go on our double date to see The Dark Knight, knowing that the book was sitting there just waiting for me to pick it up. I managed though and made up for it on Friday by reading for several hours. I did have to get some things done. Otherwise, I probably would have finished it.

I didn't really get a chance to pick it up again all weekend with relatives over and many things to do. We had a great weekend, but I should have hid the book. I felt like it was calling to me and it sure was hard to ignore. Every time I looked at it, I had to wonder what was going on within it's covers. It was a little maddening and I have to wonder about my sanity, if I have any left to wonder about.

It was all worth it. The loss of however much sanity I still possess, the wait, everything was worth it. I picked it up again last night (around 8:30 I think) and read until I finished it at about 11:30 pm. It was entertaining for Ashton mostly because when I get into something, I can't keep it to myself and I can't sit still. I was bouncing when I was happy with what was going on, gasping and yelling when it wasn't going how I wanted it to, I even shook the book when I wasn't happy with it. (Don't worry Tara, it's still in one piece.) I eventually had to move to the floor because I was changing positions every couple of minutes. Someday, I may master the technique of sitting still. If there's anything worst than a little kid who can't sit still, it'd be me.

So, I'm back to waiting. I'm hoping that our books will get here in a few days. We'll see how that goes. Until then, I really have to find something else to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is the new Mormon crack.

I will wait before I partake. :)

Mandy said...

I spent the weekend with breaking dawn... That's all I did saturday- Poor Andrew. Poor Ashton. :)

Tara said...

Don't worry Zaz...I read all 4 within the course of a week and it only took me that long because I had to wait for the 4th one to come out. haha. And shake that thing all you want...I did it too. If Ashton has class today, he's more than welcome to come switch out the second book with the third one if you dont want to wait. XOXO

Unknown said...

Zarah!

I don't know if you use it, but you'd probably love google reader to manage the blogs you read. Check it out!

xoxo
meagan