Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Can See!

Ok, so I've always been able to see, just not always very clearly. After being on my last pair of contacts for probably a little over a month, I finally went to the doctor's this morning. What finally did it was realizing last week that I was going to be flying across country for a week and a half with no backup contacts. I always have to fly with at least one extra pair of contacts, just to be safe.

So, I called around and got an appointment set up and went in this morning. It's been a couple of years since I've had my eyes checked and it was much needed. After playing the, "Is one better or is two better? Three or four? Five and six?..." game for a long time, it was decided that I needed a new prescription. No big surprise there. The amount of change was kinda startling, but hey as long as I'm seeing 20/20 again, I'm fine.

It feels like I'm seeing into the future or something. I mean gosh, the lines are sharp and I can read from distances without squinting. The sign of Smith's grocery store never looked so good. Even the stuff that's close looks good. Clear and sharp. It's freaking me out. I'm not sure I want to see everything so clearly, like the mess that is my apartment right now. Not to mention, that's going to change my ability to navigate and see road signs. I have no excuse for missing signs anymore besides the truthful, "Sorry dear. I just wasn't paying attention." Gone is my favorite, "Well, you have the better eyesight! Why didn't you see it?"

Although it's great to be able to see again, I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of responsibility.

2 comments:

Anjanette said...

Can you please convince my husband to go. But maybe not because he might see what I really look like. I hope you guys have a great trip.

Tara said...

You've turned into a vampire! Its common knowledge that after the transformation, their eye sight is thrice as good as it was when they were human...have you been hiding something from me Zaz? hahah wow...i've been reading too much Twilight....but not really :) You know I love it !:)