Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goings on around here

So far it's been a good start to the new year, even if it's been including a lot of snow in the past few days. We're excited for a few possibilities that the new year has for us, including graduating for Ashton in April! He started off his last semester this week and so far everything looks good. It might be too soon to tell though just how busy he'll be and how often we'll really get to see each other. It's only 4 months though. The end is in sight!

We're also excited with the possibility of moving somewhere, getting our first home, and settling down. It looks like we're going to have to wait a little bit on that, but we're hopeful that it'll happen this fall. We still haven't quite decided where we'd like to move. In my mind, I have it narrowed down to a couple states, now if I could only just read Ashton's mind...or send subliminal messages to his mind...we might have it decided! (By the way, I'd like to take this time to mention that we do take bribes...)

Ashton enjoys his new job. He's learning quite a bit and likes being a part of a smaller company. There's about 6 people in the company. It's been nice for him to have a shorter commute to campus and it makes a big difference with the hours he works.

I've been finding new hobbies and projects to work on, and recently picked up cross stitching. I've mostly finished my first cross stitch project, but still have to find a way to frame it or something. I'll post a picture when I get it finished. It's been a good way to pass time and I need a lot of stuff to do to keep me busy. I've always enjoyed multi-tasking so I like having many projects started so I have options.

Hope everyone is having a great start to their new year!

4 comments:

Nathan said...

How much of a bribe would it take to convince you to move to Wyoming? Not that I want to send you there, I'm just curious.

Anonymous said...

There are great tech jobs at RTP in Raleigh and fantastic GS jobs on Fort Bragg...

You know...I can now make a killer apple pie. I had to make two for New Year's Eve dinner. One for my two sisters, the kids and me to share.

The other for Micah.

I'd post a picture of it but I don't think it's fair. No scratch and sniff computer screens yet. :)

Tara said...

Yay for Cross stitching! Hhaha...wanna finish Laura's temple for me? lol jk. I'm sure I'll do that tomorrow! :) Cant wait to see you on Saturday! XOXO

Zarah said...

You must have had quite the initiation ceremony into the family Lindsay to know that food is the way to my heart. I'm all for scratch and sniff computer screens...somebody should get on that.