Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a month

It's been a crazy month and I can't believe it's not over yet. Good thing February is short. Definitely makes me feel better about the 3 more months that Ashton has in school. Counting days is probably not the way to make that go quickly.

Although this month has felt long and hectic, we've had some fun times as well. We had the chance to go to a Stake Fireside, a few weeks back, where former member of the Seventy, C. Max Caldwell spoke about the D&C. We really enjoyed his talk and learned a lot. Being in Utah has its perks once in a while.

We also got some tickets to go to the Draper Temple Open House in March (the Open House is 3 months long). Although the tickets didn't cost anything, we had to sign up for a day and time to go. It took a while to find a day and time that would work with Ashton's schedule, but we found one! I'm very excited about going. I can hardly wait. Temples are always so beautiful and it'll be fun to see what this one will look like.

We finally got library cards and have been enjoying it. We picked out some interesting books this time around. One is called, "Voices From The Dust New Insights into Ancient America," which compares early Spanish and Portuguese chronicles, the Book of Mormon, and Archaeology and Art History. So far, it's been very interesting. I've tended to shy away from books that attempt to prove the Book of Mormon is true through scientific means, but this one seemed intriguing. I haven't seen any attempts to actually prove the Book of Mormon is true, so far, but rather a simple show of facts. It's been especially fun for me, having taken several classes in Latin American history, which this book talks about it detail. I only wish I had kept all my notes from those classes. Anyways, it seems like it'll be an interesting read.

The most fun I've had all month was probably rearranging the apartment. We moved a bookcase and all my craft stuff from the living room to the office/second bedroom. It makes a cozy room for me to do my little projects and hang out. I was getting tired of the living room and the noisy people above us (I am currently listening to the music that they are playing...I can hear the lyrics clearly and can tell you that it is the Dixie Chicks singing "Landslide" and "Traveling Soldier"...yeah, they're a bit loud). In any case, in order to organize my crafts in bins, I had to steal some baskets and bins from other places around the apartment, which resulted in a lot of the apartment getting rearranged. I had a blast! I love organizing. I'm kinda sad that I'm done. Maybe I'll completely rearranged the kitchen and really confuse Ashton. He's still not sure where all of the stuff is currently kept; imagine what would happen if I changed everything around...hehehe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when you're done with your place you're coming out here to organize? I'm one that likes to toss out or donate things we've not used in a long time. Micah, however, will just reorganize it and that makes for very full closets. Maybe I'll pack him off on TDY for a few weeks soon...

Be thankful that you're only subjected to Dixie Chicks. My upstairs neighbors used to scream, fighting over who smoked the last nickel bag.

Made for some awkwardness on Sunday mornings... :)

AL said...

Umm i think I'm that neighbor that plays their music way too loud. No screaming though. My roommates can't hear me no matter how loud I scream so I have to resort to signing angrily ; )
When I move I end up going through boxes and throwing things out and then while I'm living at a place, I just reorganize things : )

Memories by Melissa Photography said...

We have been organizing our place too, we have too much crap!!!!

Tara said...

Awww...I love organizing!!! I'm quite jealous actually! I bet your place looks great! Miss you bad! XOXO