Saturday, March 28, 2009

Flying Home Again

I had some time to kill sitting in the JFK airport, so I thought that I'd update the blog. I've spent the last week in Maine with family. I wasn't too excited to come back out East this time. Funerals aren't the best reasons to go on a trip. It turned out to be fun though, after the funeral stuff ended that is. I spent a week with my brother Jacob and his family. I got put to work playing with the kids, helping packing some stuff up, cleaning, and sorting through baby clothes so that they are ready when my new niece arrives in August. Not to mention, I got to learn how to make some more yummy food.

Anyways, after a false start yesterday (sorry and thanks again Jacob and Heather!), I am headed back home today! I'm happy that everything appears to be on time, of course, I still have a couple hours to go before I get on my next plane. Someone knock on wood for me.

I'm excited to see Ashton, as well. I thought when I got married that I wouldn't do too much traveling by myself anymore. Guess I was wrong. We're hoping that he'll be able to come out to Maine with me when I come back out in August. Of course, we're also hoping that I'll be able to come out in August (the plans aren't finalized and surprises always seem to happen when you count on something working).

The nice thing about coming out in August is that it'll be summer time! The last time I was in Maine during the summer was when we got married, and that was more spring than summer. While I was packing for Maine this time, I realized that my wardrobe looked pretty similar to what I had taken to wear the last time. It'll be nice to be able to pack something else besides sweaters and socks. Much lighter, too.

Anyways, thanks for a fun week Jacob, Heather, Liliana, and Mattie! I'll miss you all and getting to be around. I'll especially miss hearing my name being called "Awah" all the time and being asked once every two minutes what I'm doing, if I want to play a game, and being told that a certain little girl wants to help, even when no help is required. I'm glad I got to see the rest of my family while I was there, as well. It's always sad to leave, but it's always nice to go home.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

We're so sorry to hear about your Grandma, but glad to hear the trip turned out fun. Hope you get home okay!

Tara said...

I'm glad you had a good time while you were out there! All that organizing and cleaning...sounds like a great time to me! :) Love you bad! XOXO