Monday, March 16, 2009

Howdy Howdy Howdy

This weekend, we had a ward activity that was a chili/pie cook-off with a Western theme. We were in charge of decorations and I had a lot of fun picking stuff out, although it was a bit stressful. Thanks to our brother-in-law Trevor, some of that was made quite a bit easier. He let us borrow some cowboy hats, a saw horse, lasso, and some other stuff. He even taught us how to use the lasso that morning. It was fun to watch Ashton get in touch with the hick within. Apparently my hick side isn't too far from the surface because I roped the target (a shovel handle) with the first try. Granted, I did grow up what most people would consider out in the middle of nowhere and it's not like it took Ashton a long time to get it. In any case, we had a blast at the activity and took a few pictures to remember it by.

This was our "horse." We put a saddle on the saw horse, and to make it look more like a horse, we rigged a stick horse to it that I had found at a dollar store. I just couldn't resist a picture when Ashton sat on it.


What can I say? It looked like fun and Ashton decided to get me back for the previous picture.


I was a big bully and "stole" the horse from the kid. He wasn't too happy and decided that the way to get me off was to "rope" me. I believe his exact words after getting the rope over my head was "Ok, let's go!"


It's been a while since we've taken a picture together, so I decided that tonight was a good night to do it. Turned out pretty well I think.

3 comments:

Anjanette said...

Looks like fun. I bought Katelyn that same horse last week from the dollar store. How funny.

Megan and Sean said...

Yee haw! (is that how you spell it?) looks like fun!

Tara said...

YAYUH! Yall are so cute! Anything that involves cowboy hats and lassos are tops on my list! I'm so proud of my make-shift southerners! :) XOXO