Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Really?

I found this article/video this morning about the swine flu and the latest updates. Now, I've never believed that the swine flu was a big deal. The symptoms and health concerns not being unlike your traditional flu. I still don't plan on getting the vaccine, even if they were to tell me I had swine flu, I wouldn't do it. I do realize, however, that some of you might be considering it. I think the government has blow this way out of proportion (let's not forget what happened with the whole bird flu thing).

I think it's shady that the government is pushing this so hard when there have only been 1,000 deaths that they have linked to swine flu, although the CDC is no longer testing people to confirm the H1N1 strain of the flu nor tracking down the cases. They haven't been doing this since August 30th. So really, there's no way to tell if these people actually died from swine flu. 1,000 deaths are still a lot, but there are 36,000 deaths a year from the seasonal flu to put this in prospective. These numbers are sure to sore since the CDC is now counting people with only flu-like symptoms. Doesn't mean you have to have the flu of any type, just the symptoms.

It's sad when the government tries to scare people into doing something. If they had the facts to back their story up, I'd listen, but I've heard nothing but scare tactics. I'd encourage you to check out this article/video. Both are really good and worth the time. The article also has other links to the CDC's website and other useful information.

http://articles.mercola.com/swine-flu-article/20091027.htm

1 comment:

Janis said...

Thanks. I read somewhere that the swine flu had been around before. I think in the 70's and sometime before that. It's sad that the government is anxious to give people something that has not been tested sufficiently. I have found that the best way to not get sick is to eat properly and get sufficient sleep.