Monday, November 1, 2010

Organizing

I'm an organizer. I like having things put in specific places and I'm always trying to figure out the best place to put things. Ashton has come home a few times to find that I've reorganized the closet or something because I was determined that it could all fit better in a different arrangement. I used to pack and repack my suitcases about 3-4 times when I was in college, and going back and forth between Utah and Maine. This was for no better reason than knowing that I could somehow pack it better.

Well, my brain has been turning to figure out where all the baby stuff is going to go. I decided a couple months ago that I was going to use the wooden shelves in our closet for baby clothes. I think it was originally intended for shoes or something, but we've used it to put our clothes in and now I've rearranged stuff so we could use it for baby clothes. Mission accomplished right? Wrong. I've been looking at it recently and wondering if a different arrangement would be better. The nice thing about rearranging stuff so many times is that I usually do find a more efficient way to do things.

To keep the blog updated with the progression of my baby belly, here's a picture of me as I am right now at 24 weeks. At my midwife appointment last Friday, they told me that I would be getting a lot bigger in the next month, so I'll try to be better about documenting it. I have to admit, when the midwife told me that I looked down at my stomach and couldn't quite picture how I could possibly get bigger than I was already. I knew I would get bigger, but I just can't picture how that's going to work.

3 comments:

Anjanette said...

Oh it happens. I look at pictures of me in labor with Sadie and I can't believe I could get so big. Seriously our bodies are amazing.

Janis said...

It's so nice that skin stretches. And it is amazing that a mother can expand so easily to allow room for baby to grow. I am always amazed at a baby's development in the womb. Heavenly Father is pretty amazing to have set all this up so nicely.

Marisa said...

Ahh!! Look at that belly! I love it. And I totally get the organizing thing. I reorganized our 2nd bedroom the other day and Eric came home all confused as to where everything was. But hey, it fit way better!! :) Good luck with that belly expansion!! haha.