Monday, March 25, 2013

Pizza

We like pizza in our house. 99% of the time when Ashton asks me what sounds good, my answer is "pizza." Even David likes pizza. Usually he just eats the toppings, but hey whatever works.

A couple of months ago, I made a goal to try a new recipe once a week. It hasn't been a perfectly kept goal, mostly it's once every other week that I try a new recipe, but it's been fun. We've found lots of new things that we like. By "we" I mean Ashton and I because David has this thing about mixed foods right now, and most of the recipes I've tried have had foods touching each other.

David's fun comes in looking for a new recipe. He loves getting out my many recipe books and looking through them with me. For days afterward, he'll just go pull book after book and sit with them.

So, back to pizza. One of the new recipes we've tried is stuffed pizza rolls. You can find the recipe here: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/stuffed-pizza-rolls/. We make the dough and marinara that's referenced there. It takes a bit of work, but it's so good! Even David likes them. Oh, and here's a tip to make things easier on you. Do NOT use shredded mozzarella cheese. Buy a block of cheese and cut it into squares. Using shredded cheese, while it ultimately works when it's melted, makes wrapping and sealing the dough around the toppings difficult. Learn from our mistake!

1 comment:

Janis said...

That sounds yummy! I will have to look it up. That's cool that David likes to look at pictures of food.