Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Crunch Time

With only 5 weeks of school left, it's crunch time. All of a sudden, I went from feeling like I hadn't done much this semester, to stressing out by all that I have to do. I have a matter of weeks to do 3 research papers, another paper that's not quite a research paper, finish two books in Spanish, write a paper on one of them, and continue to do other homework that teachers assign.

Why teachers find the need to continue to assign homework when you have a research paper that you're supposed to be working on as well is beyond me. They must realize that you have other classes that are probably requiring similar tasks. The only logical explanation is torture. They had to go through it and so do you. Some pretend to have pity, but I get the feeling that my teachers are laughing at me behind my back and some of them probably would have no problem laughing in my face.

I will not miss this when I graduate.

On a lighter note, we put in an application for an apartment, the one that I really like in Pleasant Grove. As long as our credit reports and criminal records come back clean, we should get the apartment. I thought of making some joke to the lady who we gave the forms to and filled out other ones for us about hoping our criminal records came back clean, but I wasn't sure how she'd take that. I figured that it was better to be safe than sorry. We can start moving in April 19th and we have to be officially moved out by the 28th. When we move I'll take some pictures so you can see what the new apartment looks like.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats on finding a place! And good luck with the crunch time!

Jen Bowen said...

I definitely don't miss the end of semester crunch time. It's nice to be getting these projects out of the way and knowing that you're really done and not just going to restart everything in a couple of weeks or months. Good luck with everything! Congrats on deciding on a place to live!