Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sundays

For starters, I just wanted to let everyone know that we're going to Maine! Sadly, it won't be until August, but we're planning on going then and I'm really excited about it! Anyways, that was just a heads up for those of you who live in Maine.

Since we have church at 8 AM (not so bad now that it starts getting light outside at that time), we have a good portion left of the day after church to do whatever. Today, we drove around.

We have to give the managers of the apartment complex 60 days notice before we move out. There's quite the demand for apartments and this helps them to know who's moving out when. It's a pain for those of us who are trying to figure out when to move out although kinda helpful as well as it forces us to plan ahead. I realized today that if we're going to try to move out between the end of this semester (which ends in April 23rd), and the beginning of spring term (which begins April 29th), we'd have to give notice really soon...like a few days ago.

So, we sat down to try to figure out what we needed to do. After planning out some essentials like calling different people who were renting out places, we looked online at the classifieds of a newspaper in a town we were interested in living. We looked some descriptions of some potential places that also had their addresses listed. Hmmm. Why not go look at them?

We hop in the car and take off. We probably looked creepy to anyone that was outside watching us drive around slowly around neighborhoods peering at different houses. I love looking at different houses. Gives me an idea of what I'd like eventually for a house. We saw some that looked like mini-mansions, ones on street names that the city planner must have watched too many Westerns, ones that I just had to ask, "What the...?" and "Why?", and other ones that were just nice looking houses. I didn't take any pictures of them more because I didn't want someone to think that we were being stalkers. I did take some pictures of the mountains because they looked cool with the clouds around them, which can be seen below.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love those western road names! At home there all over the place. Lost spurs, cattlebarron, Blue Ranch, etc. etc. etc. It doesnt get much better than that! haha I really like those pictures! XOXO I will miss you when you leave Provo tho!

Mandy said...

Isn't it fun having so many possibilities? We've loved living so close to you two! We will really miss you guys.

The Halladays said...

Ashton!!! I'm sorry. I finally updated again, just for you! Hopefully my new post will help make your work day go by faster.

Good luck with the housing search!