Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Seattle Trip

So, my friend and former roommate Laura got married in Seattle last Friday. Since I was a bridesmaid, and because Laura is a good friend, we drove up for the wedding. Since my other friend Tara was going up to the wedding as well, she rode up with us. Made for a fun trip full of singing Disney songs good and loud, arguing over who was going to pay for what, and just all around good fun.We started our trek on Wednesday afternoon and got there Thursday at 2 AM. The lack of sleep that I got that night started a trend for the rest of the time we were in Washington.

The wedding preparations went well. There was a lot of tension mounting at times, but we managed to still have some good times and laughs. The wedding itself was beautiful. It was great to be there to see Laura get married. We've been friends for four years and roommates for pretty much three years although only one of those years was official. I'm very happy for her and her new husband Alex.

What was also great was being able to spend time with Tara who is also a great friend. I don't usually get to have girl time since we just moved and I don't have any friends around here. It was great to be able to talk to her and spend some girl time with her. (Thanks Tara!) We got to see where Tara grew up, which was a lot of fun to hear all the stories. Not to mention it was great to see the big grin on her face.

On Saturday, we got a tour of Seattle, or some of it, with Ashton's friend Zeke. We saw the Space Needle, checked out the Science Fiction Museum, and Zeke and Ashton climbed on some red sculpture thing that we're naming "The Duck" (it doesn't actually look like a duck). We had a lot of fun checking out the sites.

The whole time we spent in Seattle was fun, although stressful and busy at times. There were so many good times that we wrote down some quotes to remember the occasion by. So, for your entertainment, and to make sure we have it down somewhere, here they are:

"I don't think that there's anything in there that will violate the sanctity of the wedding preparation...if you eat anything fancy, eat it in secret." -Jim

"Now, is the pleasure that I'd get from that worth the pain?" - Jim

"Doing your hair (for the wedding) like that is like shoveling snow -- it'll melt in a few days; why bother?" - Jim

"Is it the aussie sprinch kind?" -Jim

"I'll start panicking at half-past." -Laura

"I was so ready at quarter-till!" -Alex

"I have no inner feng shui -- I couldn't find the lights." -Julie

3 comments:

Tara said...

hahah ah the memories! Thanks for letting me come up with yall! It was a heap good time! :) Sorry I was in kind of a bad mood for part of it...sometimes, it just happens I guess! I'll try to not let it happen for a long time. Deal? P.S. Let me know how much I owe yall for gas, k? Heartcha!

Stinson Family said...

I love to go to weddings and taking road trips. It sounds like you are going to have alot of great memories from this trip.

The Halladays said...

I'm glad you guys have a blog too. Otherwise I would never hear about your Seattle trip or anything! Hope your new place is everything you hoped it would be!