Friday, May 30, 2008

Weird Times at Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart is an interesting place and a good place to see interesting people. Happens just about every time we go there and this time was no exception.

We headed to Wal-Mart for a quick trip after eating dinner at Red Robbin with my mother-in-law Paula, Lance and Stacy. We had a great time, but had to cut the night early so Ashton could get a project done so he can have tomorrow free to spend some time with me. Well, we decided to stop real quick at Wal-Mart to find something to keep my ipod safe in. They didn't have a very good selection, but we picked up an armband for it so I can take it running with me. Nothing like running to music to keep your spirits up.

So, we head to the front of the store to buy it. We decided that since we only had one item, we could take it through the self-checkout. I quickly glanced at one of the people using the checkout while we were waiting for our turn and thought that he was a girl, but on another quick glance recognized that he was a he. So, I turned to Ashton and whispered to him that I had thought that the guy was a girl. After another look, I realized why I had thought it was a girl. Black lacy shirt, jean skirt, tan socks (the ones that look like they're tan because they haven't been washed in months), red shoes, and earrings to finish off the ensemble. It even looked like he was wearing makeup and his legs were shaved. We had the hope that he had just lost a bet, but he looked way too comfortable. No wonder I thought he was a girl!

Definitely one of those things that I hope never to see again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so hard to find modest enough skirts these days around here. i'm a little upset that a dude got to that one before me.

maybe he'll let me borrow it...

Lance Halladay said...

I'm sad that you didn't come to RadioShack to get an iPod cover/protective thing...