Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashton!

Today is Ashton's 28th birthday. The nice thing about Ashton's birthday is that in Utah, he gets the day off from work and school! It just happens to be Pioneer day, which is not celebrated anywhere else I'm betting except for in Utah. It's fun though because there are parades and fireworks.

The fun thing about having a birthday is that I got to try my hand at cake baking again! It was quite the adventure last year and I was hoping that this year it would go better....or rather look better. I think I was fairly successful and it tasted good at any rate.

Since we're going up to Park City for a barbecue tonight, we decided last night that it'd be good to do an early celebration with cake and candle blowing. He did get to open one of his presents, too. My favorite part though was lighting the candles. The only matches we could find were in our 72 hour kit and there wasn't a thing to strike the matches on. So, I tried to light the matches using our electric stove. It actually worked! I just heated up the burner a little bit and put the match against it and poof! Instant flame. Totally didn't think that it'd work. I love fire.

Anyways, here some pictures!

Not too bad for my second attempt at cake decorating.

The best part was making Ashton blow out the candles. He looks like he's concentrating...

There he goes!

Almost there...

And done! Good thing there wasn't more candles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an old man. I'll have to send him an application for Social Security and Medicare benefits soon.

Stinson Family said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! We hope you had a great one!