Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Movie

So, last Saturday we did something that we haven't done in a long time. We went and watched a movie. It wasn't even at the dollar theater; we actually went to a real theater and watched a movie. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to get out of the house and everything, but what made it really great was that it was a good movie. Getting out of the house, I've discovered, is really only worth it if you're going to be doing something that you enjoy. Otherwise, it's still good, but doesn't really feel worthwhile.

The movie we saw was Wall-e. I felt a little weird going to see a kid's movie without any kids, but it was still fun. It's entertaining to listen to the different comments that kids make during a show. "He's lost!" "Uh-oh!" "What's he doing Mommy?" But the greatest thing is hearing them laugh. There's nothing better than kids laughing.

The movie itself was great. It's clean, fairly original in its plot line, funny, and very well-done. Of course, with the recent animated movies, it's nearly impossible to miss some of the political/economic/environmental threads. This one just wasn't overt. It got its point across subtly while still making a fun movie that's great for everyone. I enjoyed every moment of it.

4 comments:

Stinson Family said...

That is one thing that I miss, going to the movies. I will have to watch that one when it comes out. I love the smell of the popcorn at the theater. Good for you both to have a great date night :)

Anonymous said...

What?! There's someplace else for viewing flicks other than in fifteen minute intervals on my DVD player?!

Holy smokes. I need a life. I juet re-read that and I'm so pathetic.

It might not be worth the trip for me though. I'd be too worried about eating all the Mike and Ike's before Ethan. Makes it hard to watch the screen when I'm fighting with my child over the sweets.

Anonymous said...

That's "just".

I also have no brain cells.

Stinkin' two pregnancy's in a stinkin' row.

Stink!

Zarah said...

I'm sure if we actually bought candy or anything to eat, I'd spend more time fighting and less time watching. Well, unless we got popcorn. Ashton doesn't like popcorn so I wouldn't have to fight him for that.