Monday, November 10, 2008

Give me back summer!

So, it turns out that today is going to be another one of those days. Dark, gloomy, and rainy. Usually I don't mind some rain, but I prefer it to be warm summer rain rather than cold rain that might turn to snow. Ugh, so not looking forward to snow. The first snow fall is pretty, but I'm just not ready to be staring at white for 6 months. Give me another year or two...I might be ready then.

Well, here's an update on what we've been up to. Ashton is still trying to find a job since this will be the fourth week his company hasn't had anything for him to do and so he hasn't been paid for four weeks. Yeah, never good. We're still hopeful that he'll hear back from some companies soon.

I'm also waiting to hear back from a lady about a nanny position. I should know this week whether I got the job or not, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping!

We're also starting our "plan for the future" process. Or more specific, we're playing the "where should we live?" game. With April right around the corner, which means no more school for Ashton (hooray!) and that our lease will be up. To help in this process, we have a map of the U.S. and we've started crossing out states where we don't want to live. It's the best way to start when it's the only thing you seem to agree on, but it's also so fun to cross out states. It's almost as if they don't exist anymore. (Goodbye Wyoming!)

Hopefully after all the crossing out is done, we can find a few states that we can agree on, rather than only have one of us pushing for a certain state. Yeah, I'm sure no one has any idea which states we're each pushing for. Of course, the most important part of figuring out where we should live is figuring out where the Lord wants us. All the more reason to start now.

My favorite part though of figuring out where we should live is looking at houses. It's so fun to look at houses online and I've spent hours doing that for various states. I'm trying not to give away which states we're considering. Not exactly sure why. It's more fun for me to make everybody guess. Muwhaha yeah umm I don't know, anyways. There have been a few houses, that I've absolutely loved, and probably only one or two that has had everything that I want and that Ashton actually likes as well. Did we just agree? Forget the process...let's just move there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....is Hawaii among the remaining possibilities? Maybe Alaska? (I'll go with my initial guess of Missouri though. Midwestern enough for middle ground between families and pretty good job opp's...I think.)

We're thinking Pennsylvania sometime. Then again, we might just push for Turkmenistan. It's nice to be close enough for emergencies but far away enough to be sane.

Turkmenistan looks better and better all the time. I hear the beach front property there goes for cheap! :)

Zarah said...

Hawaii is always among the possibilities. Alaska however didn't make it past the first cut. Neither of us are huge fans of snow.

I have always wanted beach front property and cheap is always good! ;)

Unknown said...

Not huge fans of snow huh? I know a PERFECT place...its called Texas. Have you heard of it? haha. Its always warm there! :) Plus, you get a killer few weeks of Tornado season with awesome rain and green skies. It doesn't get much better than that. XOXO