Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Love Food

So, I've been told that I need to update our blog. For the most part, it's just been same old, same old. Job hunting, classes for Ashton, where do we spend the holidays, etc. We've had some good times this week though.

For one thing, I made pumpkin whoopie pies. They are amazing, hence why I made them. Well, I also made them because while I was in Maine, I was trying to make Ashton jealous by saying that I was going to have me a pumpkin whoopie pie. To my surprise and shock, he had no idea what I was talking about. Yeah, I was disappointed and had no idea how he couldn't know what a whoopie pie was, until I realized that it was a New England thing, particularly a Maine thing.

Well, I had to remedy that. Could not have my husband not knowing what a whoopie pie was. I mean goodness! It's like a little kid not knowing who Santa Claus is. It's just sad and wrong.

Thankfully, Heather has a friend who knows how to make them and we spent a night learning how to make these wonderful creations. So, I made them for Ashton the other day and now he knows just how good they are. He finally realizes what he's been missing out on his whole life. I'll have to make him some traditional chocolate whoopie pies though.

(For those of you who don't know what a whoopie pie is, I would describe it, but words cannot describe the glory that is whoopie pie. You can look it up on Wikipedia, but as warning, it tastes much better than it sounds.)

While I'm on the topic of food, I'm in love with cream cheese. Ok, maybe not "in love," but man do I love the stuff. I've put it on most of my food (french toast, sandwiches, corn bread...frosting...) and I just can't go wrong. Everything that I've tried it with just gets tastes better and better. I mean I can make a good sandwich, but man...add some cream cheese and it tastes amazing. It's my new addiction and I love it.

4 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Definitely never heard of whoopie pies. Cool name though. I'll have to try them sometime if I ever get the chance!

Mom/Paula/Grandma P said...

I want to learn how to make whoopie pies!

Tara said...

Yeah...whoopie pies sounds like something I would make up. Are you sure its legit? haha. I'm still skeptical though. Maybe you should make me one and prove me wrong. :) xoxo

Anjanette said...

I did look them up and they were nothing I imagined in my head. They look great. All I could think of was something that tasted so great that your significant other would want to make whoopie after. Maybe that's true;)