Sunday, June 1, 2008

Haircuts and Anniversaries

I meant to blog this weekend, but that didn't happen. So there are a few things to catch up on. First of all, I cut my hair...or I should say that I got my hair cut because I sure didn't cut my own hair. Now, normally this isn't a big deal, but this time I got 6 inches cut off. That's right...my hair was long enough to cut 6 inches from!! It's definitely a big change and it'll take me a few days to figure out how to make this look cute.

Ashton also got his hair cut, but nothing drastic. He has the same style that he's had for years. I'm pretty sure he was born with that style and that it just grows that way now. Good thing it looks cute. (Sorry Lance and Stacy...you lost. It's not short the way you hoped it'd be).

This past weekend marked a very special day for us. Yesterday was our one year anniversary! That's right...we've survived the first year of marriage. Woo hoo! We didn't really do much to celebrate, nothing fancy anyways, but we had a good time. Ashton made a mud pie, which was wicked good, Saturday and we watched a movie while eating some big ol' slices.

Yesterday, Ashton surprised me by taking me to Thanksgiving Point, where he had proposed to me. He proposed in January last year, so it was cold and snowy. I had never seen it with flowers so it was a nice to see that. We walked around and took some pictures. It was beautiful and brought back some great memories.

Here are some pictures of how my hair looked before I cut it, how it looks now, and other pictures from Thanksgiving Point.

So I felt a bit awkward just standing there by myself. Also, please keep in mind I hadn't done my hair that day because I was getting it cut. Not that I do my hair anyways...

Here is a view from the back so you can better see just how long it was. Now, it's all gone...

Here I am at Thanksgiving Point. Had to crop this down quite a bit so you could see kinda what my hair looks like now.

Here is an archway of flowers at Thanksgiving Point. So pretty!


This is the Gazebo where Ashton proposed to me. Behind it is a waterfall.

And here is Ashton! Took a lot of work to get him in a picture...he kept walking behind me.

Here's another picture of me ...figured I might as well pose.




3 comments:

Stinson Family said...

Your hair looks very nice and I love your outfit. The flowers there look very lovely. I am glad you both had a great weekend and anniversary!

Anonymous said...

love the shoes. i'm totally impressed by women who can navigate uneven terrain on stilts. last time i wore a pair my dog tried to attack me and i sprained my ankle trying to get away.

ah yes...to be young again with good ankles...

(love the 'do too!!)

The Halladays said...

Yay for haircuts...AND anniversaries! Looks super cute Zarah.