Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just Keep Swimming

School is starting up again, just not for me. Sadly, it still plays a huge role in my life with Ashton still in school. It's a lot less stress to have only one of us going to school, but it's still stressful especially since Ashton will be also trying to work full time. We've dealt with that before, but not with Ashton having to take so many classes. Usually, he'll only take 1 maybe 2 classes, but this time he has to take 3 for a grand total of 9 credits. That's a lot for him to take on top of working 40 hours a week. He'll be at work or at school from 7 AM to 7 PM every day, well except for Friday when it'll probably be from 7-5. He only has classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but he'll have to work 12 hour days Tuesdays and Thursdays just to get his hours in.

Even though the same thing will probably happen next semester, too, I know that it could be a whole lot worse. He could be completely gone for the whole semester or he could have a longer schedule, although I'm sure when he has projects and tests, he'll be gone for longer. At least he's working for home still, so I'll kind of get to see him. Well, have him in the house anyways. (I try hard not to bug him while he's working, but I'm not the best at it. It's too tempting to go in and see how he's doing, ask him questions, etc. )

Even though I know it could be a whole lot worse, it's still going to be hard. Although I seem to need my alone time, my time to think, I also need time to be able to talk to people and do stuff with other people. Usually that other person is Ashton, or it has been. That's not going to work so well with him being preoccupied from 7-7 and then after that probably having homework to do or needing to have his alone time.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out something to do. I mean, there's always the house cleaning/organizing that never seems to be finished, scrapbooking to catch up on, wedding presents to make that I haven't gotten around to, and on and on. It's mostly just getting up the motivation to do some of those things and then finding something more fun to do. Like anything else, it's just something that we have to get through.

2 comments:

Anjanette said...

I remember those days. Just remember the busier he gets with school, the closer it comes that he is done with school. Call me anytime.

Heather said...

so, what are you doing during the month of October??? Seriuosly, I will be home alone the whole month, wanna come out????