Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baby Projects

Lately, I've been making baby things. I actually had several baby things made previously. Since learning to crochet, baby blankets were the easiest to make so I've made a few of those over the years, and I made some booties back when I made them for the pregnant sisters in our ward. So I had a small collection of baby things already started, but I wanted to make a few new things for David like this hat and these booties.

The hat took me a while to figure out since it was a pattern I had never used before, but it wasn't too hard. Making the earflaps, which you can't really see in this picture, was difficult only because it didn't go the way I thought it should. It also took me a few tries to figure out how to make the ties, and I'm hoping that I did them long enough. The hat is done though and I'm happy with the way it looks. Now I only hope that they fit!

Since I'm done with baby projects for me, or at least the ones that I wanted to get done right now, I'm working on other projects that I want to get done for other people. I want to have all those done by the time the baby comes, although, I'm hoping that they won't take me that long.

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! I've been craving Thanksgiving food for the past couple weeks so as far as I'm concerned, Thanksgiving can't come fast enough. However, Thanksgiving isn't just about the food and it's been great to think about all the things that I'm grateful for. It's something I try to do daily, particularly during this time of year.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Those are so cute, Zarah! Great job! We're bummed we won't see you at Thanksgiving, but have an extra slice of pie for me.

Tara said...

Very cute... glad you're getting some project time in now... it's harder to find later (at least for a few years).... Enjoy Thanksgiving!

The Halladays said...

I'm so excited for all the baby projects. I've been on a crafting rampage lately too! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. We are gonna devour that meal :)

Janis said...

I love the hat and booties! It's nice to be able to make things for your family.

Marisa said...

Yay! I've found your blog again! I'm kind of jealous that you can do that kind of stuff! It looks great! And I'm with you about Thanksgiving - the food AND gratitude part. :)