Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Major Accomplishment

It's kind of sad when finishing a puzzle feels like a major accomplishment, but it does! Granted, this puzzle was no ordinary puzzle. Not only was it a 1500 piece puzzle and more like a painting than a picture, but we had started this puzzle before and had given up on it because it was so hard. It took us a while to finish this time, but we did it! Ashton, I'll admit, did most of the work. I wasn't patient enough to sit there for hours and hours working on it. Normally I can do something like that, but this time I was too antsy to sit and look for the pieces I needed. They all looked so similar. It went much better when I had a set number of pieces to try in a certain spot. It went even better when I was able to pick out the exact piece to fit in the spot I was trying to fill without much effort. In any case, we finished it and it's so nice to have my table back. We had to pull out the leaves to get the puzzle to fit so now that the leaves are back in, I can fit around the table to get to the washer and dryer without much effort and the apartment doesn't look so full. We took a picture of the puzzle before taking it down so that we had proof that we did it. I have vowed never ever to do that puzzle again.

Tonight, I am planning a date night for Ashton and I. Actually, I didn't plan anything, not in advance anyways. After Ashton left for work, I decided I wanted a date night and told him that we were having a date night. Thankfully, I have a wonderful hubby who is willing to go along with such last minute schemes. I am letting him pick out where we're going to eat all on his own, which is either a blessing or a curse (blessing if he's been wanting to eat somewhere but I haven't, or a curse if there is no such place and he doesn't know what he wants). Usually, where we eat when we go out is heavily influenced by what I've been craving. The other part of our date night, which is a surprise, I planned. Again, last minute but oh well. Guess we better be spontaneous while we can.

(I forgot to add the picture earlier, so here it is:)

3 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Where's the picture of the puzzle?

The Halladays said...

I love that a puzzle is your big accomplishment :) Making dinner is mine. Gotta love pregnancy!

Janis said...

That is a pretty puzzle. You ought to frame it and hang it up to enjoy and then you won't have to put it together again. It's good to be spontaneous at times.