Monday, February 25, 2008

Movie

I've been trying to figure out what to write about for the past week. Nothing really interesting has been happening. More of the same old: school, work, apartment hunting, me losing whatever is left of my sanity, church etc. I keep telling Ashton that we either need a kid or a pet to make this blog more interesting. I could keep hurting myself, but I'd prefer to stay intact as much as possible.

We did get to see a movie on Saturday. We went to the dollar theater to watch the movie Enchanted. I love the dollar theater. Such a great way to go see movies. Even if the movie is horrible, you only paid a dollar for it! Much better than renting or watching it in a real theater.

Anyways, the movie was good. For those of you who haven't seen this movie and don't know what it's about, it's basically a fairytale that makes fun of every other fairytale (Snow White, Beauty and the Beast etc). It starts out as a cartoon and typical fairytale (boy meets girl, decide immediately to get married, etc). Then it moves to real life in New York City. Fairytale meets New York City, doesn't get much better. Although a lot of movies take place in New York City. I'd be nice if they could pick a different city once in a while.

I spent the first half of the movie hiding my head in embarrassment for the characters. I have a hard time watching people do embarrassing things. Even if they don't get embarrassed, I'm embarrassed for them. It mostly just happens when it's in front of a bunch of people. So, I found the first half of the movie to be embarrassing and therefore kept looking down and around to avoid having to watch the display even though it was entertaining.

The second half was great. This about when it starts creating its own fairytale with a few twists and turns. Throughout the second half, the movie still pokes fun of previous princess stories, but does a good job of progressing the story along to the end. Pretty entertaining stuff.

A few things really impressed me about the movie. For starters, it's really clean. I don't think that they use one bad word in the entire movie. There are one or two slight innuendos. Anyways, the cleanest movie I've seen in a long time. Another thing that impressed me was the actors. The actors that they chose were perfect for their roles. They were all very believable and I was taken with their skills.

My favorite parts were when the chipmunk is playing charades with the prince, cleaning up in the apartment, and the song and dance scene in Central Park. There are some great quotes in those scenes. I'll refrain from quoting them so that it won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen the movie yet and want to.

For those of you who have kids, and even if you don't, I'd recommend seeing this movie at least once.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I agree and if you ever go again, you'd best tell me cuz i need to see it again! Loved it! XOXO

Mandy said...

I think you should have a baby- that would make this blog amazing! (It's pretty good with out a baby too)

Heather said...

Well as far as the 'baby thing' goes...it will make your blog more interesting for sure, but now that my life has been 'interesting' for 3 years now, there are times it would be nice to have a 'boring' life and go see a movie with my honey....
we want to see that with liliana as well...