Thursday, February 7, 2008

Snow and birds

For Christmas, I got what I always wanted, a camera. After breaking it in at my brother-in-law's wedding (mostly taking pictures of some family and friends playing with a life-size nativity scene at the Temple that was still up), I haven't had much opportunity to play with it. I did however take some random pictures after a snow storm the other week. The nice thing about these pictures is that I didn't even have to go outside to take them! I stayed in the comfort of my apartment and took them from the window. So, hope you enjoy them!
The other funny thing that I've noticed this winter is the number of birds hanging around still, particularly Robins. I've never seen Robins hang around so long during winter and found it rather amusing. We had a tree outside our window that has some dried/old berries on it, the Robins like to hang out there. So, I took some pictures of that as well.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Nice pics! Zarah I'm glad you have a blog... we just started ours this year too (got tired of the in-laws telling me how much they missed the updates.. .that didn't make it out last year)...

Anyway, it's great to be able to check in and see what life is bringing you! Hope it continues to be happy and exciting... (It's Tara and Bob)

Anonymous said...

gosh, snow. now, what's that like again? i've forgotten.

chuck a snowball my way. micah would like to take it to iraq with him.