Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What defines me

Ashton and I were talking the other night. It was one of the only conversations that we've managed to have in bed without him falling asleep...you'd think I'd have learned by now not to start conversations in bed. Nope...I'm no quicky. Anyways, the conversation itself isn't important, but I've started to think about what my "thing" is. You know, people just have something that they do that defines them, like a hobby or whatever. Like I'd say that computer programming is Ashton's thing. Although, he'd probably define it as reading...depending on whether we're talking about something you do in leisure or just something you do in general. I've taken it in a more general sense.

Either way, I'm not quite sure what my thing is. There are plenty of things that I'd like to be doing and that I like doing. There's just so many of them that I don't know which I would classify as my thing if any of them.

I love just being active, hiking, playing soccer, running around with nieces and nephews, and things like that. Oh, and I love photography; if I had a picture frame for every picture I've taken, there wouldn't be any blank space of the wall. I have so many pictures that I would love to put up somewhere and many more that I love, but unsure about what to do with.

Sure, I love not doing things, too or the less physically active anyways. I like reading and when I can get a book in my hands that I can completely get into, you won't be seeing or hearing from me until I get it finished. Scrap booking is also a fun hobby and gives me something to do with some of the pictures I take. Music is also fun and I love just listening to good music or playing the piano. Such a great stress reliever, too.

Anyways, you start to see my problem. I like doing so many things and they're so combinable that it's hard to just pick one. The more I think about it, the more activities I come up with. Maybe I should just pick my favorite and call that my thing. I mean, it's not like I only have to do that one thing. So, why am I having such a hard time coming up with my thing? Well, it's hard to find one activity that defines you, or at least mostly defines you. Who knows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I'm not sure what I might call myself. I think the social tags we wear are more likely to be pinned on us by others rather than ourselves.

For now, I hope to be referred to as the "runner" in social circles. That or I'd be the book nerd. I prefer the athletic designations.

Good post though....for schizzle. Has got me thinking...

I would say, after having spent a total of 30 minutes in your physical company, that I would call you the "soccer chick". Micah said you got in trouble for slide tackling the boys at BYU intramurals. I think that rocks for sure!