Monday, June 23, 2008

What a weekend...

It's been one of those weekends. You know the kind I mean, the ones where it's like a roller coaster; up and down, so you just wait until the ride is over and try not to hurl over the side. Well, like I said, it's been one of those. I'm not quite sure where to start, so we'll start at the beginning on Thursday.

Thursday started out fantastic. I studied almost all day, memorizing a previous, 90 some odd question test. I did pretty good memorizing it because on the test I was able to whip out those answers. So, all and all I took the test and I think I did pretty good, but I don't really care how I did because that was my last final...EVER! It felt pretty darn good to turn that sucker in and walk out that door and leave the BYU campus. I almost did cartwheels.

Life definitely wouldn't be the same if we were allowed great moments without some kind of trial following. Ours just happened to follow a few hours later. Ashton got laid off from his job. The company that he worked for hasn't been doing so well lately and there have been many waves of lay-offs. Thankfully, Ashton managed to keep his job for a few weeks because they really liked the work that he does. Unfortunately, they were told to make more cuts and Ashton was on the list.

We're still getting used to the idea that Ashton doesn't have a job and it's been hard on both of us. We've spent a good portion, if not all, of the weekend trying to figure out what we're going to do as far as....well...everything, but most importantly, Ashton's classes. He still has 3 more classes to take and we're trying to figure out when he can take them.

Thankfully though, Ashton's dad knows a lot of people and has been able to give out Ashton's name to them and give some more names to Ashton to check out. Also, Ashton has some friends who also work with computers and has been able to enlist their help as well. So, we're very hopeful that he'll be able to get a job soon. In fact, Ashton has a job interview today.

Onto happier news, Melissa, my sister-in-law, got married on Friday in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a beautiful day and everything ran pretty smoothly. We're really happy for them and look forward to being able to spend time with them when they get back from the honeymoon and get settled in. We took lots of pictures, so I'll post some of them when I get them onto my computer.

2 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Yikes. Good job graduating but that sucks about Ashton's job. Hopefully this is just a way to make it so he'll end up at an even better one (the sooner the better though).

Anonymous said...

congrats on completing the final test. i know that must be a huge relief.

about the job front...dude...that totally stinks. connections are a nice thing to have and i hope something pans out for you guys.

good luck!!